Thursday, February 1, 2007

When I was 12...

The year was 2000, the millenium year when I was twelve. It was the dragon year, and it was also my changing point of life, my school life.

I remember, I did very badly in my final examinations in my 5th year of school. The results were the worst results I ever get. I was one of the last students in my class. Never have I done so badly before. The results made me ended in the 3rd class of the year. Before this, I've only entered the 2nd class, all the time. All my friends are all from the B class. I'm the only one who dropped into the C class. Can you imagine how sad was this little girl at that time. I'm losing my friends. They were the only bunch of friends I've made. I'm not friendly when I was younger.

I have to admit that I did not have fun in the first week of school when I was in primary6 because I wasnt suiting myself. I could not accept the fact that "GOSH! I'm not in 6B! I'm in 6C man... Its like eating shit (6C means that in cantonese)!" But lucky, the school decided to change the name of classes which means, my class for that year was 6A. No, its not the first class or what. I'm just lucky when they changed the names to S, G, A, R, D, E, N (in order).


However, I still had a few friends in there where I made earlier like PuiYeen. She was like my saviour man. And Cindy too. I knew her since primary one but we got along that year when we realised we had the same birthday. And and and, it was the year Susan left Malaysia too. Or not she would be another girl in the class that shares the same birthday with us. So coincident right! Last but not least, Peggy, the Stephanies and KongVivien too. Sooner, I blended with them and life wasnt that bad afterall.

See, I have a different bunch of friends. I even learnt to speak Cantonese to mix with them. Previously, I was always with Denise, Christine and everyone else who speaks English. Indirectly, I actually exposed myself to more people. I used to be a quiet little girl who doesnt mix with new friends. Haha. I always think that if I did not enter that class that year, I would not have been who I am today. I'm a totally different girl after that year.

And besides the girls, I started to be friend with a few of the guys. They were PohJuan, YiKye, Joshua and MarcusSam. Yes, There was only a few boy classmates who would talk or be friend with me before. Even my buddy today was one of them who did not want to talk to me. I still remember how mean he was to me before this.

I'm always the tiny girl with the average results. I had standard position in class every year. Its always in the range or number11-16 in the class of 25-30 students. But ever since year6, I'm always at the top3 in the class. HAHAHA. I did not want to be mean right now but its true because the students were different. That made my self-esteem grew higher. And that always make me like a smart little girl in the class.

Besides the changes of status and the friends I made, it was also the time when a little girl starts the i-have-a-crush-on-you thingy. And that time, the silly us hurted ourselves also. You know kids, hahahahaha. I remembered we would cry every single friday. Its either you or me because of the boy-and-girl thingys. I cannot stop laughing at myself for being so stupid and silly that year. I would even shed if I see my crush being together with some other girls (basicaly my good friends). SO STUPID RIGHT!

But I did study very hard to climb back to the 2nd class still. And I made with, together with my friends in 6A. Isnt that a good thing? But sadly, my friends in the 2nd class climbed up to the 1st class as well and we never get back into the same group.

That year was like my changing point. Everything was different in school ever since.

Labels: ,

Comments on "When I was 12..."

 

Blogger Brendasaid... (February 01, 2007 3:59 PM) : 

ooh! Mr.James! His hair looks so funny. hahaha! I miss my year6 life. <3

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (February 01, 2007 7:54 PM) : 

Haha, I remember the 6C thing.. I will never forget year 2000. Friday is fun, because we can stay back and play.. Haha..
(I look so ugly)

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (February 02, 2007 8:23 AM) : 

peggy where got ugly. cute wad. but i don't know why my hair looked like that i use to have super straight hair lo haha!

 

Blogger vvenssaid... (February 02, 2007 9:02 AM) : 

brendi : hahahaha why are you laughing at his hair lar... ;p
he's a very good teacher! :)

peggy : yeah the year... so many things happened on that year right. hahaha..

every friday, we stay back and play... and CRY!

cindy : maybe that day you have bad hair day.! hahahaha

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (February 02, 2007 10:11 AM) : 

woo..mr james!

omg. i miss skool all over again.. it's amazing how you dread school when you're in it and miss it like mad when you're not.. =(

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (February 02, 2007 8:15 PM) : 

i realised you like to spell actually as actaully. hehehe.

iviane.

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (February 02, 2007 10:37 PM) : 

HAHAHA you look cute in that hairstyle (first picture). hahahahaha.

 

Blogger vvenssaid... (February 02, 2007 10:50 PM) : 

eric : totally agree with you!!! totally totally..

anyway you guys very terror ah, you all can spot mr James in the crowd like this. hehehe.

iviane : its not like lar, i myself dint realised that you know. hahahaha. silly me.

she : cute whattttttttttttt!!! my mama tied them for me one. hahahaha

 

Blogger pinkpausaid... (February 03, 2007 3:59 AM) : 

omg! marcus soooooooo cute hahaha

 

Blogger alea aminsaid... (February 04, 2007 4:27 AM) : 

memory all alone in the moonlight. lalalal.

 

Blogger vvenssaid... (February 04, 2007 9:05 AM) : 

pinkpau : ooh yeah! hhaha. i still remember him in his mini pants! hahahahaha.

alia : wa.. so emo meh. ;p

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (February 04, 2007 11:58 AM) : 

nostlagic indeed. your eyes definately has grown bigger as the years passed.

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (March 26, 2007 6:27 PM) : 

Wow thanks for sharing that. I think 12 is the age of turning points for most girls. I wouldn't know about guys. I don't think it's silly at all with you and your friend. I think it's a phase that we all go through some time in our lives. Keep posting!

 

post a comment