Friday, January 26, 2007

My name is Vvens

Have you ever wonder why I ate up my I's in my name, Vivien? If I remembered correctly, only a couple of friends asked me about it. There are a few reasons why I named myself Vven instead of Vivien.

01. Vivien is too commonly used
I had a friend who was named Vivien too when I was still in my former school. So instead of calling us Vivien1 and Vivien2, our friends called us by our surname, Kong and Sam. I always try to come out with something else so that they would not call my surname because they will pronounce Sum and make it like "Ah Sum" which meant auntie in Cantonese. I didn't really like it but I'm quite used to it now. As soon as I noticed that the display name Vven is quite special too, I quickly used it before she does. Hahaha. Anyway, she's using Vvien as her display name right now. ;p

02. My mum doesnt know how to call my name correctly
I'm serious about it. She doesnt know how to say, Vi-vien correctly. Never once in my entire life, at least I've never heard it till today. Everytime when she wants to introduce me to her friends, she would refer to me as, Vii-vaan. So now it looks like V-ven. She's calling me correctly now.

You must be thinking why did she even give me that name if she cant pronounce it. Let me answer that question. Well, she did not give me that name. It was her sister who named me Vivien. :)

03. Someone made a typo
Actually the idea initially came from a friend of mine (accidentally) when he made a typo by calling me Viven somewhere in my old blog. Viven looks something like vixen to me which is not something very good. And instead of correcting my friend, I re-named it myself to Vvens.

04. I lost two I's because I dont have pretty eyes
Hahaha. Coincidentaly, I have ugly eyes if you have to know. I had single eyelids for both eye when I was still a baby. An extra eyelid poped out in my left eye when I was 3-4 and it stayed there till now. However, I never had the extra eyelid coming out on my right eye which made me look like o_O since young... Hahahaha.. Ever since the day I knew how important it is to look good in the outer shell of a girl besides the beauty within, I started all sorts of way to make another eyelid appear. Like sticking eyelid stickers which are painful to me. But they look so much better!! Even better when I touch them up abit with make ups :) That's why I took of my "I's/eyes".

05. Because I like it :)
I really like it. I really do. Except for my email address (secr3tcode) and the account I made years ago in Jay-chou.net (andantino), all the other nicknames, display names, screen names, user named etc are also named as Vvens. Its easy to remember too!

p/s : I think I'm more known as Vven instead of Vivien. And do not think I added the "s" behind for the sake of adding it and make it sounds good. NO! S is equals to Sam, my not very common surname. So its VVENS!

Labels: ,

Comments on "My name is Vvens"

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (January 26, 2007 6:40 PM) : 

Hey, I remember calling Kong and Sam, and also Ang and Loong, as we have to Stephanie(s) in the class.. Haha.. Were so use ti it last time, but now I think calling you Sam is a bit weird.. Haha..

o.O?? cute..

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (January 26, 2007 8:06 PM) : 

anyone called you VV? or just V itself? i almost screamed when i see 3 sets of eyes looking at me

 

Blogger Zer0said... (January 26, 2007 9:55 PM) : 

04. I lost two I's because I dont have pretty eyes

lolz..rhymes wor. That's pretty unusual double eyelids on one side only.

 

Blogger vvenssaid... (January 27, 2007 12:23 AM) : 

peggy : weird? well only people in high school still calls me that. friends in college dont. i will feel weird if they do!. hahaha.

firewire : nope. no one calls me vvv or vivi or v.. haahahaha. dont scream! its just me *puppy eyes*

zer0 : haha i dint realise it rhymes. yeah its pretty unusual lar. normally either both or none. kesian me

 

Blogger alea aminsaid... (January 27, 2007 1:06 AM) : 

haha. ooo now i know. i actually adore ur nickname 'Vvens'. unique lor.

 

Blogger The Redeemersaid... (January 27, 2007 12:09 PM) : 

fine! i'll call you sam from now on, just for the memories

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (January 27, 2007 12:45 PM) : 

wow! i dint know you had one eye bigger than another. hahaha.

unique!

 

Blogger pinkpausaid... (January 28, 2007 6:22 AM) : 

ohhhhh. now i know. i always wondered why vvens. hahaha!

 

Blogger vvenssaid... (January 28, 2007 11:18 AM) : 

alea : haha now you know! ;p
unique? haha because no one else has it. hehehe.

cheehang : nonono. please, no. haha.

she : you love it? oh dear, i hate it. you can have mine. hahaha.

su ann : haha yeah. because of a few reasons. VVENS! haha

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (January 28, 2007 6:57 PM) : 

hahahaha i knew this earier already since i've asked you this last time. hhahaha.

 

Blogger Kuah Jenhansaid... (February 06, 2007 11:29 AM) : 

WHAT?! there are such things as eyelid stickers?

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (October 21, 2008 4:09 AM) : 

My friend called u Vivien, u got really upset!

 

Blogger curryeggsaid... (November 03, 2008 7:18 PM) : 

Ahhww... the single eye lid thingy. Seriously, I am envy at you cos at least the left single eye lid turn out to be double. Mine... wuooo... both still single... :(

Btw, the sticker really effective? :P

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (November 27, 2008 11:53 AM) : 

Haha, if a person is beautiful on the inside, it will always shine through no matter what you're wearing, if you're single-lidded, how your hair looks, etc.

Wow, your name is very meaningful and unique! Very cool history there!

 

post a comment