Monday, November 5, 2007

My Internship Updates

After the interview in DDB International, they never called back after a very long time. I was worried and I had a bad feeling that they'll not accept me. I was very gan jiong and I started bugging my lecturer and he told me to be patient. He asked me to wait for the other companies to call BUT he sent my CV only to one company. Then, I decided not to rely on him. I'll look for the agencis on my own.

Then, I sent my CV to another three companies which are
Leo Burnett, Saatchi & Saatchi and Carrot Films. On the very next day, I received reply from Carrot Films and they accepted me straight away. Of course I was very happy to be accepted as a Production Assistant in a Production house but I was still unsure because there were two more pending companies. But but but, I agreed to join them because I dint want to risk my chances anymore.

On the following week, which was two weeks after the interview in DDB International, I received a call back from them. They told me that they are not accepting me after all my calls I made to chase after my interview results. Hahaha. I was fine with it anyway plus a little dissapointment. On the same day, I received an email from Saatchi telling me that all their intern's places are taken up. I'm late. Sigh.

What's worse? I received a call from Leo on the next day telling me that I'm accepted. Shit! But I'm now attached to Carrots. I thought over the night thinking which to go would do best for me. I approached to my lecturer later and told me to stick with where I am now. He said its unfair for me to have two offers whereby there are a few of my coursemates has none. OI. I look for myself one mar... Sure lar ;p So, I had to reject Leo and give up the place for my other coursemates.

Eiiyer. But nevermind, I think I'll have a great time in Carrots! :) And its very confirmed, confirmed. No more worries and headaches to look for internship placements anymore. Yay!

Labels:

Comments on "My Internship Updates"

 

Blogger alea aminsaid... (November 05, 2007 2:10 PM) : 

!!!!
leo burnett is where Yasmin Ahmad's the creative director. haha. but happy that you made to Carrot Film, that agency also not bad :D

 

Blogger FireWiresaid... (November 05, 2007 4:37 PM) : 

congrats, vvens! have a nice time over there. may i join you for lunch?

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (November 05, 2007 10:19 PM) : 

you missed leo burnett. aiks. but anyway, all the best!

 

Blogger pinkpausaid... (November 06, 2007 3:25 AM) : 

i just checked out the carrot films website. barney chua is from there! he's the guy who did the astro max and celcom football ads. good stuff :)

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (November 06, 2007 10:18 AM) : 

wat a name for a company...carrots

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (November 06, 2007 10:19 AM) : 

but lobak no money one wor, the how u buy me curry puff?

 

Blogger vvenssaid... (November 06, 2007 6:10 PM) : 

alea : yeah! yasmin ahmad!! hahaha but carrot is not an agency, its a production house leh.

firewire : lunch? you are somewhere near there too?

pinkpau : hahahaha. i hope i can get to learn there :)

smallstripes : haha. i think that their logo are cool and creative. check it out.

mamsamd : you owe me 5 curry puffs! ;(

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (November 06, 2007 9:01 PM) : 

ooh! carrot has a very very cute website!

 

Blogger Unknownsaid... (November 07, 2007 3:29 AM) : 

i shall name my company...brocolli!

 

Blogger vvenssaid... (November 07, 2007 2:54 PM) : 

she : oh yes! agree agree!

smallstripes : hahahaha. what about spinach?

 

post a comment