Monday, February 26, 2007

The 8th Night

The 8th night of Lunar New Year, is the night where Hokkiens all over the country do their praying stuff. To be more exact, they pray to Tian Goong once the clock strikes 12am. Although I'm not a Hokkien (my mum and her family are) , I never fail to pray every year, even if I'm having my mid term examination this morning. Hehe.




We had Lou Sang while waiting for time to pass. After that, we had movies.. Not forgetting my revision notes too. Until it was 11 plus, we started to prepare everything needed for the event. Most of them are food for praying.







Woops! The bird nest is not for praying. It's mine. Hehehe. We had so many things to do that night. Everyone was so busy and I was also busy, taking pictures. Of course, I did help them out after taking these pictures. Hehe.






The time was just right when we finished the work. Once it strikes 12am, everyone in the house rushed to the toilet and had our hands washed. We then rushed to the praying table again, grabbed our joss stick, lit them up and started praying. Heehe. I did not forget to take even more pictures...




Okay. My grandma was mad at me when she knew I took this picture of her. She's a camera shy! :p


And the last thing we did last night was to BURN EVERYTHING! Hahaha. And and (I'm in a hurry) then, we went home and planned to sleep......But I could not. I was so nervous about the papers today. I'm so scared because the revision I did, I knew its not enough. I thouht I'll be death but lucky, the papers today were not as tough as I thought. Hehe. I hope the same thing happens tomorrow. :)

All the best to people who has exam (like me)!!

Labels: ,

Comments on "The 8th Night"

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (February 26, 2007 10:29 PM) : 

yala. the fireworks were terribly noisy last night! hhahaha..

all the best for tomorrow.

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (February 27, 2007 1:19 AM) : 

no wonder KL so hot, so many open burnings.

btw, all best in your exam :)

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (February 27, 2007 12:53 PM) : 

the red eggs, the cake and kuihs looks so good! :)

nice pictures.

 

Blogger vvenssaid... (February 27, 2007 5:22 PM) : 

she : ehh. i dint put any fireworks lar!

firewire : hahahaha. only for a night. p

anonymous : oops. they are in my tummy now. hehehe.

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (February 27, 2007 5:44 PM) : 

best of luck on your papers! :P

 

Anonymous Anonymoussaid... (February 28, 2007 1:04 AM) : 

nice pictures! Did you edit them?

 

Blogger vvenssaid... (February 28, 2007 9:47 AM) : 

eric : thank you! they are over now. ehehe.

cla : hi. thanks for dropping by. well, these set of pictures are not edited. hehehe.

 

post a comment