Sunday, August 13, 2006

PD Beach Clean Up



It was yesterday, 0600am when I left my house heading to my campus along with Cindy who woke up late. Both of us were extra I thought. We missed the briefing meeting a day before because we had no class on Friday and wasn't around the campus. It would be funny if I take a 60 mins train trip to Pj for the short briefing and return back using another hour. Its kinda time wasting so I decided to risk but I didnt know that there was some other friends who went to the briefing.

The student were told to wear JEANS and SPORT SHOE to the beach because there will be some guest and press around BUT I turned up with SHORTS and SANDALS! And we were also given a RED HUGE tee shirt to wear on. The shirt is even longer than my shorts!!! ;( I felt so shitty in the begining because I was so odd. I thought jeans would be hot and my sport shoes would be dirty so I planned it another way round. BUT honestly, I've some advantage comparing to the others because they were all so dirty due to the unpredictable rain before the program. I was able to wash myself and play on the shore. HEE.

As soon as we arrived the Ilham hotel, after the rain, we were splitted up into groups of 10. Me, Cindy, Lilian, Cynthia, Behonce, Caroline (the red fellows in the picture above), Wina and Martha (2 quite Indonesian girls). We were the dark purple team led by Arwen.

And right after everyone was divided into groups and stuffs, the rubbish picking event started off. We were rather disappointed when we saw the shore. The beach is so freaking small because the tide was high yesterday. The amount of rubbish pickers can even cover more than half of the beach. We can't complain lar, hahahahaha.

We were not allowed to pick up nature stuffs like crabs, fishes and shells, even if they are dead, wooden stick, seaweed and bla bla bla. We were told not to pick up glasses too. We had to inform our leader if we found them and Arwen ended up running here and there, busy collecting the glasses we found, when we screamed for her. Hahaha. We can actaully do it by our own. ;) Ooh yeah, we made the only guy in our group the rubbish holder. Hahaha. And hey, I did picked up alot of rubbish too okay! One hand rubbish, another hand camera. ;p

I found some very cute sand castles when we were walking around the whole beach. And some very cute kids too.

Beside the students from Taylor's College, the candidates of the National Service joined the program too! And my friend just said something quite mean yet funny about them. Me, "How come so few of Chinese one?" Lilian, "Because, the Chineses became the Malays, the Malays became the Indians and the Indians turned to be a Nigroo." HAHAHA. Meanie her.

It was time and Arwen led us back to the starting point. On the way back, we realised that our rubbish bag was INCOMPARABLE with the others because their's were HUGE and HEAVY. And we knew, we lost. Sigh sigh sigh.

A group picture we took after that. The guy who took this picture cropped the rubbishs we found. We were not bad too okay? We found the BBQ thingy which we consider that as a unwanted stuff. Hahaha. Right after that, we weighed our rubbish and its only 15Kg. ;( So light. Because most of the stuffs we found were object made up of papers and plastics. Unlike the others, they even put stone and tyres in. *_* And now, time to analyse the rubbish.

Let's see what we've got in our bag. Straws, food & sweet wrappers, ciggarate putts, plastic bottles, glass bottles, bottle caps, fork & spoons, TOOTHBRUSH, plastic bags, toys, DIAPERS, ropes and many more many more. I found bread too. *_* The beaches here in our place are really dirty sometimes. Please dont throw any more things inside. I'm really sick of seeing those stuffs while picking them up. The only fun we had was, while fighting for it! Hahahaha.

After that, we went to the auditorium room for some LONG speechs. Especially the first speech given by the guest. It was long and unrelated to the event today. Its really boring and sorry I felt asleep. Then followed up by the guest from Shell, then the lady from MNS. Her speech was pretty interesting. ;) It was about the animals, humans and garbage. And next, the prize giving ceremony. Each of the participants were given a token, a gold/silver mug from shell. but i left mine behind! ;(

Then, we had 2 hours left before the bus arrives. So Eiran, brought us up the the lighthouse nearby by walking up a hill which was very tiring. On the way up, he said there was an old monkey looking at us. Hahaha. During the short journey, he told us a lot about the rainforest and the animals there. And finally, we reached the lighthouse!

He brought us up the lighthouse too. Erm, not IN the lighthouse butAROUND the lighthouse. Because we need permisson from tak tau siapa to enter the lighthouse. The place is so high up and so HOT! But but but but but, the view from above is FANTASTIC!

Hahahaha. The only picture I took with me solo. ;) Heee. Big right the shirt? Nice right the view? Hehehehe. Just one round around the place and we left heading back to the hotel. We got ourselves changed and freshen up before the bus arrives. Hehehe. And I slept all the way back to PJ in the bumpy bus. ;p

I actaully love the trip a lot! Made a alot of new friends from my campus and it is now more than just an assignment. I'm now really looking forward to the Redang Expidition next month and also the Malacca one, but the Malacca trip is not open for the students. ;(

Labels:

Comments on "PD Beach Clean Up"

 

post a comment